- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) I wish I could return to the way I was a year and a half ago ... to the kindness I offered, and to the calmness I felt.
2) I wish I could find a job where I don't feel like I'm being exploited or that I'm exploiting anybody else, and where I work with the kind of people that I might actually want to go out and have coffee with every once in a while.
3) I wish for hypnotherapy for me, _ikeware, and H.W.S.R.N., to finally deal with the allergies and addictions we three are all plagued with.
4) I wish I would stop disappointing people.
5) I wish that the trip to Yellow Springs that didn't happen this past weekend will happen by year's end.
6) I wish that my feelings for H.W.S.R.N. would finally come to a balance the way my feelings for _ikeware, Brian, and Monica have.
7) I wish people would make me CDs and tapes more often.
8) I wish I had one or two more pairs of jeans that fit.
9) I wish for some miscellaneous books and CDs -- The Other Side of Haight, the Cambodia Rocks albums, and anything by Lemon Jelly.
10) I wish that all of my friends who are going through such turmoil right now would find some peace. Same goes for me, by the way.
(P.S. I live at 3553 Bethoven Street Pittsburgh PA 15213)
What do you wish for?