This weekend will mark the one-year anniversary of the devastating and illegal invasion and occupation of Iraq by the Bush Administration. The justifications that were used have turned out to be lies, and yet both U.S. soldiers and Iraqis continue to die every day and billions of dollars diverted away from pressing domestic needs. For this reason we are participating in world-wide protests against the war and occupation.
Please join us and at least 58 endorsers in Pittsburgh:
* Saturday, March 20
* Flagstaff Hill, in Schenley Park
* 12 noon -- Concert and peace picnic.
* 1 pm to 3pm -- rally at Flagstaff and march to WPU at Pitt. followed by a direct action on a true source of weapons of mass destruction, CMU.
With some excellent keynote speakers:
- Suzi Snyder, U.N. office of WILPF (Womens International League for Peace and Freedom)
- PA State Senator Jimmy Ferlo
- Chris Moore, WQED and KDKA talk-show host and veteran against the war
For more local info and to download flyers please see http://www.thomasmertoncenter.org/march20. For more on the world-wide protests see http://unitedforpeace.org/ (which features the Pittsburgh convergence) -- more than 250 U.S. events planned and protests in more than 50 countries.