April 7th, 2008

Antioch Homecoming 2007 4

Voice Post

VoicePost
287K 1:27
“I'm at home but I'm doing a voice post. I wonder why I can't handle the internet right now. It looks like OB has cancer. They about 100% certain but it's with thrushes(?) of elimination the thing whether the other tests don't show any a little bit of x ray showed something and I could protest they do more tests but tests required infusion and infusion is risk and at that point I just stop listening to it to what they're saying and got off the phone and call Mike. Listen this message is for my mom, Derek and Crib Bayson(?) and now I'm just sitting on the couch and yeah I guess that's it.”

Auto-Transcribed Voice Post


Translation:

“I ... I'm at home but I'm doing a voice post, just... I don't know why, I can't handle the internet right now. It looks like Opie has cancer. They are not 100% certain but it's a process of elimination thing where the other tests don't show anything abnormal but the x-ray showed something and I could technically do more tests but tests require anesthesia and anesthesia is risk and at that point I just stopped listening to what the vet was saying and got off the phone and called Mike. Left messages for my mom, Daryk and the pretty boy and now I'm just sitting on the couch. Yea. I guess that's it.”
Opie

Panic.

I just got off the phone with the vet and I think I may be panicking. She consulted with another doctor and they both definitely see a tumor on the x-ray. They can't confirm the cancer diagnosis without a biopsy, but the tumor is somewhere -- in his sinuses -- where they can't really reach it. I could decide to be aggressive and do radiation, but it would first take an MRI ($1,250 - $1,500) and then two weeks of daily anesthesia and radiation ($4,000+), and the feline oncologist is in Cleveland, which means travel and time off from work and just general crap. As an added bonus, the tumor is at a point where I basically have to decide RIGHT NOW if I want to treat it, because if it grows any more, it'll be too late to do anything.

I know. I know I need to just stay with him and manage his pain and let him go gracefully. But the idea of this thing growing inside his head that will hurt and make him unable to breathe ... oh my stars I can't fucking handle this.