List five of your own idiosyncrasies and then tag five friends to do the same.
1. "Idiosyncrasies"? Is that a new word for OCD? Because the longer I work at The Co-op, the worse my, um, "idiosyncrasies" get. I must have two pens at the side of my register -- and they must be on the side, not on top. I must have four rolls of each kind of tape in my drawer. All of the bills inside my drawer must be facing in the same direction. All of my rolls of change must be in ascending order. Oh geez, I could just go on and on ...
2. I can't leave my apartment without telling each of the cats that I love him and giving him a kiss. It's OK to blow him a kiss if he's under the bed or otherwise unreachable, but yea.
3. I MUST sleep with Monkey Baby. Oh sure, when I have a new partner, the monkey stays put for a while. But sooner or later, every bedmate meets Monkey Baby.
4. I don't know if this qualifies as an idiosyncrasy, but I don't use shampoo -- just conditioner (Shampoo is bad for curly hair. Really, I swear).
5. I count when I drink at a water fountain (which, in this day and age of bottled water, is almost never anymore). Or maybe "count" isn't the right word, as what I actually do is repeat a string of numbers inside my head. It was something I developed when I was in first grade or so, when all of the kids would be out in the hall, lined up to get a drink of water. You didn't want to stop drinking too quickly because then you'd still be thirsty later, but you didn't want to stay too long because then the teacher would yell at you. So I started counting -- or, rather, repeating this string of numbers -- to keep myself at that perfect balance where I got just enough water but didn't get yelled at for staying at the fountain too long.
There, OK? I'm a nut. OK, and now it's someone else's turn. Specifically,
Tag, You're it: